Spring leek soup with dumplings
Make the most of spring leeks in this vibrant soup. Prep the dumplings ahead — they freeze well, too!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 31g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 1 celery stick, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large Co-op British trimmed leek, sliced
- 1.25 litres vegetable stock, made with 1 stock cube
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 150g Co-op plain white flour,plus extra for dusting
- 2 tbsp each chopped basil and flat leaf parsley, plus extra to serve
- 75g Co-op unsalted butter, chilled
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Cook the celery and carrot over a medium heat for 8-10 mins, until soft
- Stir in the garlic and leek, along with a splash of water, then reduce the heat
- Cover and cook for 6-8 mins, until the leek has softened
- Pour in the stock and lemon juice and bring to the boil
- Reduce to a simmer and cover while you make the dumplings: mix the flour with the herbs, grate in the butter, then bring together with your hands
- Season, then stir in 100ml cold water to make a soft, sticky dough
- Divide the dough into 16 pieces, then flour your hands and roll into balls
- Drop into the soup, cover again and cook for 10 mins, until the dumplings are tender and fluffy
- Divide the soup between four bowls and sprinkle with the lemon zest and extra herbs to serve