Corn on the cob slathered in butter is usually the first choice for barbecues, but you could try it in this crunchy relish, instead
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 3g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 2 sweetcorn cobs
- 1 tbsp Co-op vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 60ml Co-op cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Fairtrade caster sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- ½ x 25g pack coriander, leaves only, chopped
- Set a griddle pan over a medium-high heat
- Rub the sweetcorn with half the vegetable oil, then griddle for 6-8 mins, turning occasionally, until lightly charred
- Once cool enough to handle, cut the kernels away from the cobs
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat Cook the onion for 5 mins, until softened
- Add the corn, chilli, vinegar and sugar, then season to taste
- Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 mins
- Remove a third of the corn mixture and whizz into a chunky purée, using a food processor or handheld blender
- Stir back into the remaining corn, along with the lime zest, juice and coriander Season to taste
- Transfer to a sterilised jar and seal. Leave to cool before storing in the fridge for up to two weeks
Top tip: If you prefer your relish with a chunkier texture, skip the puréeing in step 3.