Vegan houmous and pea fritters
If you've never cooked with houmous before, try these amazing herby fritters with peas and lemon zest.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 55g
Share this recipe
- 160g frozen Co-op British garden peas
- 200g Co-op reduced fat houmous
- 3 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- ½ x 250g pouch Co-op wholegrain microwave rice, cooked
- ½ x 25g pack flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ x 25g pack mint, chopped, plus leaves to garnish
- 3 tbsp Co-op plain flour
- 1 small green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Zest of 1 lemon, plus ½ tbsp juice, and wedges to serve
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Put the peas in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soften for 5 mins, then drain well.
- Put in a bowl with most of the houmous and 1 tbsp of the olive oil. Add the cooked rice, the parsley, mint, flour, chilli and spices, along with the lemon zest and juice. Season and mix well.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a nonstick frying pan. Divide the mixture into 4 balls and put in the pan, pressing down to form patties. Cook for 2-3 mins each side, until golden brown.
- To serve, garnish the fritters with the mint, top with the reserved houmous, then serve with the lemon wedges and salad on the side.