Vegan lemon & parsley gnocchi
Gnocchi can be naturally vegan if you leave out the egg, but many recipes don’t. All you need are potatoes, olive oil and flour!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 73g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 600g floury potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 4 tbsp cold pressed rapeseed oil
- 275g Co-op plain white flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Pared zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 30g drained jarred capers
- ½ x 25g pack flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Steam the potatoes for around 15 mins, or until completely tender
- Drain and leave to cool a little, then mash. Season, then mix in the olive oil and flour to make a dough
- If it’s very soft and wet, add a little more flour until the dough is pliable and has a texture a little like soft playdough
- Divide the mixture into quarters
- Roll each quarter out on a floured work surface into a sausage shape around 40cm long, then cut into 2cm pillows
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the gnocchi in batches, for 2-3 minutes.
- Once they have risen to the surface, cook for another minute, then scoop out with a slotted spoon, leave to drain and continue with the next batch
- Once all the gnocchi are cooked, heat the rapeseed oil in a large frying pan. Add the garlic, lemon zest and capers and fry briefly, until fragrant
- Add the drained gnocchi and fry for a couple of minutes, then season and stir in the lemon juice and parsley to serve