Vegan loaded blistered bean fries
Loaded fries make fantastic Friday night comfort food, and our vegan version doesn't disappoint! Fry the beans in hot oil so they go super crunchy!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 82g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1 baking potato (about 250g)
- 1 large sweet potato (about 250g)
- 1 tsp Co-op plain white flour
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp Co-op vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 400g can Co-op cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2½ tsp Co-op Fajita seasoning spice mix
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can Co-op Italian chopped tomatoes
- 150g dairy free yogurt alternative
- 2 tbsp drained jarred Co-op sliced green jalapeño peppers
- ½ x 25g pack coriander, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6
- Cut the potato and sweet potato into 1cm-thick chips, then pat dry with kitchen paper. Tip into a bowl, add the flour, cornflour and 1 tbsp of the oil, and shake until coated
- Spread the chips out evenly on two baking trays and roast for 30-35 mins, turning halfway through
- Meanwhile, gently fry the onion in the remaining oil for 8-10 mins, until softened. Turn up the heat slightly and add the beans
- Cook for 3-4 mins, stirring occasionally, until blistered and starting to pop
- Add the fajita seasoning and two-thirds of the garlic, then cook for 1 minute, until fragrant
- Pour in the tomatoes, along with half a can of water
- Season to taste, then simmer for 8-10 mins, until thickened
- Mix the remaining garlic into the yogurt alternative, along with 1 tbsp vinegar from the jalapeño jar and 1 tbsp of the coriander
- Once the fries are ready, pile into a serving dish and spoon over the sauce
- Scatter with the jalapeños, avocado and remaining coriander
- Drizzle with the yogurt mixture and serve the rest for dipping.