Warm squash & spinach salad
Make this satisfying salad using either pumpkin or butternut — you don’t even have to peel it!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 28g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 700g butternut squash (or pumpkin), cut into 1cm-thick slices, small seeds reserved
- 5 tbsp Co-op extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 medium slices crusty bread, torn into small pieces
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tbsp Co-op clear honey
- 125g bag Co-op baby spinach
- Handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Handful mint leaves, torn
- 80g Co-op Greek Feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7 and line a large baking tray
- Spread the squash in a single layer on the tray, scattering the squash seeds
- on top
- Drizzle with 1½ tbsp of the olive oil, season and roast for 10 mins
- In a small bowl, mix the crushed garlic with 1 tbsp of the olive oil, season and dip in the torn bread
- Take the squash out of the oven, scatter the bread on top and roast for 12-15 mins more, until the squash is tender and the croutons are crisp
- Meanwhile, whisk the lemon zest and juice in a large bowl with the honey and remaining olive oil, then season
- Add the warm squash and croutons to the bowl, then toss through the spinach, herbs and Feta to serve