What you agree to when you book a space at The Federation
Terms and conditions
Whenever we refer to “we” or “us” and “our” in these terms and conditions, we mean Co-operative Group Limited (Co-operative Group Limited, a registered society in England and Wales with registered number 525R, which has its registered office at 1 Angel Square, Manchester, M60 0AG).
When we refer to “you” in these terms and conditions, we mean the person or organisation on behalf of whom you are booking a room. These terms and conditions apply whenever you book a meeting room or event space (a “room”) at The Federation (Federation House, 2 Federation Street, Manchester, M4 4BF).
By booking a room, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions.
Booking a room
To book a room at The Federation you must be registered on our booking system.
If you have questions about registering, email our team.
- login to our booking system at https://thefederation.spaces.nexudus.com/en
- select Bookings then See the meeting rooms for details about the rooms
- select Bookings then Make a booking to view the booking calendar
- select Bookings then Your bookings to view bookings you have made
Meeting rooms are available Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) between 8am and 6pm.
Event spaces are available Monday to Sunday (excluding public holidays) between 8am and 9pm.
To make a booking:
- Select Bookings then Make a booking.
- Select the room, time, date and duration (the “booking” or “hire period”).
- Select Book room.
If we accept your booking you will receive an email confirmation.
At this point a contract shall come into existence between us and you, governed by these terms and conditions.
Included in the booking
Booking a room gives you the following for the duration your booking:
- exclusive use of the room
- use of any facilities within that room (which may include lighting, air conditioning, TV screens and projectors)
- access to our wifi
In addition to promising to pay us the hire fee (see Payment), by booking a room you agree that:
- you will keep the room clean and tidy
- you will notify us of any breakages, damage or other issues or complaints as soon as possible
- you will be respectful of other users of the building
- if you use a caterer, you will be responsible for checking their food hygiene rating and public liability insurance cover and may be required to confirm to us that you have done so
- you will vacate the room by the end of the hire period
- you will comply with all policies and procedures we make known to you (including fire evacuation procedures)
- you will comply with our reasonable instructions
For events with less than 50 people, you must nominate someone to be responsible in the case of any first aid incident. The appointed person is responsible for:
- taking charge when someone falls ill or is injured at an event, including calling an ambulance if needed
- looking after the first aid box and other first aid equipment, including restocking the box
- keeping records of any first aid incidents and any treatment given
For events with more than 50 people, you are responsible for ensuring that one first aider (someone who has received first aid training approved by the Health and Safety Executive) is present for every 50 attendees for the duration of the hire period.
- 0-50 guests requires 1 appointed person
- 51-100 guests requires 1 first aider
- 101-150 guests requires 2 first aiders
- 151-200 guests requires 3 first aiders
By booking a room, you are agreeing to pay a fee for the hire of that room for the hire period (the “hire fee”).
The applicable hire fee for each room can be found on the meeting rooms page of our website or on the See the meeting rooms page of our booking system.
Unless you have cancelled your booking as described in the Cancellation section, an invoice for the hire fee will be automatically generated and emailed to you as soon as the hire period has ended. A copy will also be available in the Invoices and payments section of our booking system.
Unless you have cancelled your booking in the way described in the Cancellation section, you must pay the hire fee even if you have not used the room for any or all of the hire period.
If you don't keep the room clean, tidy and in reasonable condition and we need to use an extra cleaner to restore the room to a reasonable level of tidiness and cleanliness, you agree that we may charge you a cleaning fee. This will be the same as the hire fee we would charge to extend the hire period by an hour.
Unless we have agreed otherwise, invoices are payable within 24 hours of receipt.
Unless we have agreed otherwise, payments must be made by credit or debit card through our booking system.
If you do not pay our invoice when it is due for payment, we may charge you interest on the overdue amount which shall accrue each day at a rate of 4% per year above the Bank of England's base rate from time to time until we receive payment in full.
To cancel a room booking: 1. Log in to your account at least 48 hours before the start of the hire period. 2. Select Your bookings. 3. Select the room booking you wish to cancel. 4. Select cancel.
If you cancel 48 hours or more before the start of the hire period, you will not be charged the hire fee.
If you cancel less than 48 hours before the start of the hire period, you will still be charged (and you must pay) the hire fee for the room for the entire hire period unless we agree otherwise.
When you access or use our booking system, we might collect information about you.
This includes: - information about where you are accessing the booking system from (such as your IP address or geo-location data) - information about how you are accessing it (such as your browser or device) - information you submit to us when making or cancelling a booking (such as your name, address, phone number and email address)
We will only use this information for the purposes of:
- monitoring and administering the use of our booking system
- dealing with your room bookings
- invoicing you for hire of our rooms
Except for things that we can’t lawfully limit or exclude our liability for (such as causing death or personal injury due to our negligence), any and all our liabilities for damage or loss you (or anyone else) suffers as a result of using our booking system or hiring a room are excluded and limited as follows:
We will have no liability whatsoever for:
- any indirect or consequential loss
- loss of or damage to goodwill
- loss of use or corruption of software, data or information
- loss of anticipated savings
- loss of agreements or contracts
- loss of sales or business
We do not guarantee that our booking system will always be available or will be free of error, so we will not be liable for any losses arising from your access and use of (or inability to access or use) our booking system.
We do not guarantee that our wifi and any facilities within the rooms or elsewhere in The Federation building will always be available or fully functioning, so we will not be liable for any losses arising from your access and use of (or inability to access or use) our wifi or any of our facilities.
We will not be liable for any delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of our obligations under these terms and conditions if such delay or failure results from events, circumstances or causes beyond our reasonable control.
For all other losses not excluded above, our total liability to you (whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise) arising under or in connection with your booking and use of any room is limited to an amount equal to the hire fee.
Assignment and other dealings
We may at any time assign, mortgage, charge, subcontract, delegate, declare a trust over or deal in any other manner with any or all of its rights and obligations under these terms and conditions.
You may not do any of these things without our prior written consent.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and us and supersede and extinguish all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between you and us relating to its subject matter.
Except as set out in these terms and conditions, no variation to them shall be effective unless it is in writing and signed by us.
A waiver of any right or remedy under these terms and conditions or by law is only effective if given in writing and shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default.
If any part or provision of these terms and conditions is found to be unlawful or unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity of any other part or provision.
Third party rights
These terms and conditions do not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of the Contract.
Governing law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions, their subject matter and the formation of any contract (and any non-contractual disputes or claims relating to any of these things) are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute relating to any of these things.