Win a dining experience at a top 50 gastro pub
Buy any Estrella and be in with the chance of winning a dining experience at a top 50 gastro pub.
To enter, buy any Estrella from Co-op then enter your details into the below form for your chance to win.
Full Terms and Conditions
This promotion is operated and administered on behalf of Marston’s Beer Company Limited (the Promoter) by XSEM Limited, whose registered office is at Leigh House, St. Pauls Street, Leeds, LS1 2JT (XSEM). The prizes are supplied by the Promoter and delivered by XSEM. The retailer is the Co-operative Group Limited whose registered office is at 1 Angel Square, Manchester, M60 0AG (the Co-op).
How XSEM and Co-op will use your personal data
1. Your personal data (and, if you win an experience for more than one person, the personal data of your guest(s)) that you provide in connection with this promotion will be processed by XSEM and Co-op in order to operate, administer and manage your participation in this promotion.
3. If you win a Prize, then XSEM will make your name and county available, as a winner, to people requesting that information in accordance with XSEM’s responsibilities under the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising and Direct & Promotional Marketing. If you do not want your name to be made available, please inform XSEM using the contact details in paragraph 6.
4. If you are not successful in winning a prize, XSEM and Co-op will each delete your personal data promptly after the prizes have been awarded and distributed. If you are successful in winning a pPrize (or you are a guest of winner), then XSEM and Co-op will not fulfil its obligations to you and other third parties. To find out more, you can contact XSEM or the Co-op using the contact details set out at paragraph 6 below., please inform XSEM using the contact details in paragraph 6.
5. XSEM and Co-op will not disclose or share your personal data with any third party other than those who are engaged by XSEM or Co-op to administer the competition and/or fulfil the Prize. Your personal data and, the personal data of your guest(s) may need to be sent to countries outside of the European Economic Area in order to conduct aspects of the promotion. Where this occurs XSEM and Co-op will ensure that any transfer happens in accordance with applicable law.
6. In accordance with the applicable data protection laws and regulations, XSEM and Co-op remind you that at any time you may exercise your rights of access, rectification, deletion, limitation of treatment, opposition to treatment, including a right to require that XSEM and Co-op erases your data (but note that this will automatically remove your entry from the promotion and, if you are a winner or a guest of a winner, will mean that you cannot take up or receive the prize), a right to amend your data, the sending of commercial communications by electronic means, and the right to port (transfer) your data directly to another organization by sending an email to (in the case of XSEM) email@example.com or (in the case of Co-op) by writing to Data Protection Team, 6th Floor, 1 Angel Square, Manchester M60 0AG.
Likewise, you have the right to file a complaint with the competent control authority regarding data protection, such as the case of the Information Commission Officer (ICO) at www.ico.org.uk
Promotion Terms and Conditions
1. This promotion is open to all persons aged 18 or over and resident in the United Kingdom, (excluding the Channel Islands and Scotland), other than employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter, their associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion, including but not limited to XSEM and the Co-op.
2. XSEM, on behalf of the Promoter, reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. XSEM may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld until XSEM is satisfied with the verification.
How to Enter
3. You will require internet access to enter the promotion.
4. A purchase is necessary to enter the promotion.
5. To enter this promotion, you must:
a. purchase any Estrella Damm product (Product) from a participating Co-op store (excluding Co-op Franchise stores) which is displaying the promotional material advertising this promotion (each a Store) between 18 August 2021 and 7 September 2021 (inclusive)
• scan the QR code which appears on the Store promotional material and insert the information required on the promotional website (coop.co.uk/competitions/estrella-competition) (Website) you are taken to; or
• simply visit the Website and insert the information required on the Website at any time after purchase but prior to the Closing Date (as defined in paragraph 7 of these terms and conditions); and
c. retain the receipt you obtained when purchasing the Product at a Store (Receipt) as proof of purchase until at least 28 September 2021.
6. The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of this promotion. In the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
7. The promotion starts at 00:00 on 18 August 2021. All entries must be received by the Promoter before the promotion closes at 23:59 on 7 September 2021 (Closing Date). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries, Receipts or e-receipts that are lost, delayed, corrupted or not received by the Closing Date for any reason. Proof of sending shall not be deemed to be proof receipt.
8. Only one entry and one prize per person allowed. Promotion valid in relation to in-Store purchases only. Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
9. There are five prizes packages in total available, each consisting of:
a. a dinner for two for the winner and one guest, up to the total value of £200, at one of the 50 Gastro Pubs listed at paragraph 10 below (as more particularly detailed on the ‘Top 50 Gastro Pubs List’ (which is available at https://www.top50gastropubs.com/) (Dining Experience) of the winner’s choosing (subject to availability). In the event of a conflict between the Gastro Pubs listed on the aforementioned website and the list stipulated at paragraph 10 below, the list on the website shall prevail; and
b. if required, travel expenses for two up to the value of £200 (Travel Expenses), in respect of 1-night accommodation and / or travel to and / or from the Dining Experience. For the avoidance of doubt, any accommodation falls within the definition of Travel Expenses and is not a separate head of expenses.
No cash alternative is available.
10. Each a Gastro Pub:
|The Cornish Arms||Tavistock|
|The Black Swan||Ravenstonedale|
|The Beehive||White Waltham|
|The Fordwich Arms||Canterbury|
|The Hand & Flowers Marlow||Marlow|
|The Kentish Hare||Bidborough|
|The Longs Arms||South Wraxall|
|The Pheasant Inn||The Pheasant Inn Hungerford|
|The Pony & Trap||Chew Magna|
|The Wild Rabbit||Kingham|
|The Cadeleigh Arms||Tiverton|
|The Masons Arms||Knowstone|
|Freemasons at Wiswell||Clitheroe|
|The Anchor & Hope||London|
|The Angel at Hetton||Hetton|
|The Broad Chare||Newcastle Upon Tyne|
|The Duck Inn||Stanhoe|
|The Dunscombe Arms||Ashbourne|
|The Guinea Grill||London|
|The Pipe & Glass Inn||Barnsley|
|The Rat Inn||Anick|
|The Red Lion & Sun||London|
|The Shibden Mill Inn||Shibden|
|The Star at Harome||Harome|
|The Unruly Pig||Woodbridge|
|The Charlton Arms||Ludlow|
|The Crown at Burchetts||Burchetts Green|
|Felin Fack Griffin||Brecon|
|The Bull & Last||London|
|The Dog & Gun||Skelton|
|The French House||Soho|
|The Gunton Arms||Thorpe Market|
|The Harwood Arms||London|
|The Moorcock Inn||Norland Moor|
|The Olive Branch||Oakham|
|The Royal||St Leonards on Sea|
|The Scran & Scallie||Edinburgh|
|The Three Hills||Bartlow|
|The Wheatsheaf||Greetham, Rutland|
|The White Swan at Fence||Fence|
11. The prize must be redeemed by the winner and their guest within 12 months of the Closing Date (please also see paragraph 26 regarding the acknowledgement of the prize.
12. The winner must promptly confirm to XSEM the date on which they choose to redeem the prize. The Dining Experience and accommodation (to be set off against the Travel Expenses budget) will be booked by XSEM and the winner will provide all reasonable assistance to XSEM for such purposes. A valid credit or debit card may be required as a security deposit purposes when checking into accommodation.
13. The winner will be responsible for arranging and / or booking any travel required to and / or from the Gastro Pub (to be set off against the Travel Expenses budget), subject to the following terms:
a. The winner will promptly, and in any event no later than 7 days after the date on which acknowledge accept the prize following notification, confirmthe anticipated travel arrangements with XSEM;
b. If the winner and guest travel to the Gastro Pub by car, the winner may claim up to 40 pence per mile;
c. once travel arrangements have been booked by the winner, or in the case of paragraph 13.b (above), the car journey to and / or from the Gastro Pub has been completed, the winner will provide XSEM with any receipts, documentation or any other information reasonably required by the Promoter to verify such travel arrangements; and
d. XSEM, on behalf of the Promoter, will reimburse the winner for such travel arrangements (up to the value of the Travel Expenses budget) incurred by the winner within 5 working days following receipt of all information referred to in paragraph c (above.
14. Any underspend on the Dining Experience or Travel Expenses cannot be claimed as cash.
15. The winner acknowledges and agrees that if no accommodation and / or travel to and from the Dining Experience is required, they waive any right to claim for the Travel Expenses.
16. All elements of the prize must be taken at the same time and once booked, cannot be altered or amended. The Promoter and XSEM will not be liable to pay any further sums in excess of the Travel Expenses budget which have arisen as a result of any associated travel delays or cancellations.
17. In respect of any accommodation expenditure (where required), the entrant acknowledges that there is a 1 night stay maximum, and the Promoter will not be liable for any additional nights regardless of whether a balance remains in the Travel Expenses.
18. The prize can only be redeemed during the opening hours of your Gastro Pub of choice. Please contact your Gastro Pub of choice or visit their website for confirmation of opening times and exclusions. The prize is subject to booking availability at your Gastro Pub of choice and service is at the relevant Gastro Pub manager's discretion. Normal rules as to sale of drinks apply.
19. Unless otherwise stated, any expenses incurred by the winner and their guest with regard to the general use and/or enjoyment of the prize, is expressly excluded and are the sole responsibility of the winner and guest.
20. It is the responsibility of the winner and/or their guest to meet any additional costs relating to obtaining insurance cover for any pre-existing medical condition.
21. Any further prize details will be confirmed when the winner is contacted.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of at least equal value if circumstances make this necessary.
23. Each prize is non-transferable and no cash or other alternative will be offered.
Selection of Winners
24. The winners will be the first 5 entries drawn at random from all eligible entries by a computer process that produces verifiably random results after the Closing Date and will be contacted by 14 September 2021 using the details provided to enter the promotion.
25. Each winner will be required to produce a Receipt or e-receipt at the request of the Promoter. The Promotor reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to any winner who does not provide a Receipt or E-receipt within 7 days of being requested to do so.
26. If a prize is declined, or a winner cannot take up a prize or does not claim the prize within 2 weeks of notification from XSEM that they have won, the prize will be forfeited and a replacement winner may be drawn at the XSEM’s sole discretion, on behalf of the Promoter. The Promoter and XSEM will not be responsible for any inability of a winner to take up the specified prize.
28. To obtain the name and county of the winners, please send a stamped addressed envelope to XSEM, Leigh House, St. Pauls Street, Leeds, LS1 2JT within three months of the Closing Date.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and / or revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and, by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to the amended terms.
30. XSEM may, on behalf of the Promoter, disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these terms and conditions or if it has any reason to believe that efforts have been made to distort the competitive process or spirit of the promotion. This includes any individual found to be attempting to circumvent this clause by tampering with the operation of the promotion, setting up multiple accounts or using multiple identities. No bulk, consumer group or third party entries will be accepted. The Promoter’s decision as to any aspect of this promotion is final.
31. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
32. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
33. This promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Marston’s Beer Company Limited, Marston's House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton, England, WV1 4JT
Please drink responsibly.