Who can apply for the local community fund
Types of organisations that can apply for funding from the Co-op local community fund.
The Co-op local community fund gives money to local organisations to fund projects that help to bring people together and make a difference.
Any organisation can apply as long as it can prove it's not run for private profit and has a project in mind that benefits their local community.
Organisations that can apply include:
- community groups
- unincorporated associations
- co-operative societies
- community benefit societies
- credit unions
- community interest companies
- social enterprises
- charities registered in the UK
- small unregistered charities (who have less than £5,000 income a year)
- organisations recognised as a charity for tax purposes by HMRC
- community amateur sports club (CASC)
- church or chapel that's an 'excepted' charity
- Scout, Guide or Woodcraft Folk groups
- companies limited by guarantee
If you're one of these type of organisations you can now apply for the next round of funding.