To apply to be a local cause you must be part of a not for profit organisation and run a project that will benefit your local community.
Organisations that can apply
Projects we’re unable to support
We are unable to fund projects that:
- support individuals or overseas projects
- promote any political activities or religious beliefs – but we will consider projects led by religious organisations that are for the benefit of the whole community
- only pay for salaries or other running costs
- give our funding to other people or organisations (onward grant making)
- Local Authorities are responsible for
- could, in our opinion, harm the reputation of Co-op
You can find a full summary of funding restrictions in the Local Community Fund terms and conditions.
Applications are currently closed
We choose new causes for our communities every 12 months.
Applications will open again in Spring 2021.