The moderate bitterness and hints of sweetness in Alhambra Reserva make it a perfect partner for the light flavour of a warm chicken casserole.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 54g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 chicken drumsticks
- 2 chicken thighs on the bone, skin on
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into circles
- Pepper to season
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 125ml white wine
- 150ml water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped into 2cm cubes
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a casserole dish and fry the chicken pieces until golden all over, then remove the chicken and transfer to a plate
- Add the finely chopped garlic and onions to the same casserole dish without cleaning and cook until softened
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes and sliced carrots then fry for few minutes, stirring frequently to stop the ingredients sticking to the bottom of the dish
- Season the caserole with pepper, then add 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika and stir
- Add the chicken and white wine to the dish, leave to simmer for a couple of minutes, then add the water to cover all the ingredients
- Leave to simmer for 45 minutes, stirring every so often
- Add the chopped potatoes to the casserole dish then leave to simmer over a low heat until the potatoes are tender
Discover Alhambra Reserva 1925 in your nearest Co-op.