Christmas dinner popover sandwiches
Popovers are popular American breakfast rolls, but ours are full of British ingredients!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 39g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 2 tbsp Co-op vegetable oil
- 150g Co-op plain flour
- 3 Co-op British free range eggs
- 275ml Co-op semi-skimmed milk
- 6 tbsp Co-op cranberry sauce
- 2 x 120g packs Co-op Irresistible butter basted British turkey slices
- 240g leftover cooked stuffing, sliced
- 160g pack British honey roast ham chunks
- 180g Co-op Somerset Brie, thinly sliced
- ½ x 70g bag Co-op rocket
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/Gas 7
- Pour the oil into a 25cm x 35cm roasting tin and put it in the oven to heat up while you prepare the batter
- Put the flour in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Whisk together the eggs and milk, then slowly pour into the well, whisking and gradually bringing in more of the flour, until you have a smooth batter. Season
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and cook for 20 mins, until crisp, golden and risen
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before turning out on a wire rack, slice into 6
- Turn your popover slice over so the bottom is facing up
- Layer on the cranberry sauce, turkey, stuffing, ham, Brie and rocket, then fold the lot into a sandwich
- Hold in place with a cocktail stick, if needed