Swapping out some of the pasta for courgette in this carbonara recipe means fewer calories, and fresher flavour
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 51g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 50g Co-op spaghetti
- 80g Co-op frozen British garden peas
- 1 tsp Co-op olive oil
- 1 rasher Co-op British smoked streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large courgette, spiralised or coarsely grated
- 2 tbsp Co-op low fat natural yogurt
- 1 Co-op British free range egg
- 1 tbsp grated Co-op parmesan wedge, to serve
- Cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions, adding the frozen peas for the last 2 mins of cooking time
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the bacon until crisp. Stir in the garlic and courgette, then remove from the heat
- Whisk the yogurt and egg together in a bowl. Drain the spaghetti and peas, reserving some of the cooking water, then add the pasta to the frying pan
- Over a gentle heat, add the egg mixture gradually and stir to mix, adding in a little cooking water to loosen, as necessary
- Cook for 2-3 mins until piping hot and thoroughly mixed. Season, then serve scattered with the parmesan