Herby green risotto
This simple risotto uses up herbs that are past their best – add whatever herbs you have in your fridge, the more flavour, the better.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 70g
Share this recipe
- 1 litre vegetable stock, made with 1 stock cube
- ½ x 125g pack Co-op baby spinach
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 160g Co-op Italian risotto rice
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped basil leaves, plus a few leaves to garnish
- 2 tbsp reduced fat crème fraîche
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 25g Co-op Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- Keep the stock warm in a pan and add all but a handful of the spinach. Blitz with a hand blender until smooth.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion for 6-8 mins until soft but not golden. Stir in the garlic, season, then cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rice and stir until coated. Pour in a ladleful of the stock mixture and cook, stirring, until the liquid has evaporated. Continue, adding a ladleful at a time, until absorbed.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, reserving some of the lemon zest and cheese to serve. Stir in the reserved spinach, and cook for another 1-2 mins until the spinach has wilted.
- Spoon into bowls and sprinkle over the basil leaves, zest and cheese.