Irresistible British roast beef
Tender British beef served with roasted vegetables is so easy to cook but tastes really special.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 10g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 1 parsnip, peeled
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme, or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 1kg Co-op Irresistible Hereford beef roasting joint
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/Gas 6
- Chop the carrots and parsnip into batons and put in a roasting tin with the onion, 6 sprigs of thyme and the oil
- Toss together and season with black pepper
- Remove the leaves from the rest of the thyme and mix with the mustard
- Rub over the beef and place it on top of the veg
- Cook in the oven for 20 mins, then turn the oven down to 180°C/fan 160°C/Gas 4 and cook for 30 mins more. This will give you medium rare beef. If you like it well done, cook for a further 30 mins
- Remove the beef and veg from the oven, cover and leave to rest for 25 mins
- Season with more pepper and serve with your favourite sides