Oozy Camembert with nut brittle
The crunchy brittle works brilliantly dipped into the rich cheese
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 32g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 300g hazelnuts or mixed nuts
- 300g caster sugar
- 1 x 250g Co-op baking Camembert
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6
- Roast the nuts for 8-10 mins, then leave to cool for a minute
- Rub the skins off using a tea towel, then roughly chop and set aside
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
- Melt the sugar in a heavy-based pan over a low heat, shaking gently, not stirring, to help it along
- After 15-20 mins, when it’s a dark caramel colour, stir in the nuts, then quickly tip it onto the tray
- Spread out with a palette knife, then leave to set. After about 20 mins, once it’s cooled, break into shards — it keeps for up to 2 months in an airtight container in a cool, dry, dark place
- Bake the cheese according to the pack, then serve with the brittle