Popping raspberry hot chocolate
This decadent hot chocolate is made with fresh raspberries and popping candy - a wonderful treat for Bonfire Night
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 53g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 200g raspberries
- 2 litres Co-op semi-skimmed milk
- 300ml Co-op double cream
- 240g Co-op instant hot chocolate drink
- 30g mini marshmallows
- 10g sachet popping candy
- Reserve 6 raspberries to garnish and tip the rest into a bowl
- Mash with a fork and put 1 tsp each into the bottom of six mugs
- Put the milk into a saucepan and heat until tiny bubbles are starting to form
- While the milk is heating, whisk the cream into soft peaks
- Take the milk off the heat
- Use a splash of the hot milk to make a paste with the hot chocolate powder, then whisk the paste into the remaining hot milk until smooth
- Divide the hot chocolate between the mugs
- Fold the remaining mashed raspberry gently through the whipped cream, then spoon it over the hot chocolate
- Scatter the marshmallows and candy on top, and garnish with the reserved raspberries to serve