The Vegetarian Butcher ‘What the Cluck’ Thai red curry
Try this tasty, vegan Thai red curry with ‘What the Cluck’ pieces by The Vegetarian Butcher, perfect as a mid-week meal.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 55.8g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium red onion chopped into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger puree
- 1 tsp thai red curry paste (vegan)
- 2 portions of basmati rice or grains
- 1 red pepper diced
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 pack ‘What the Cluck’ (160g)
- 75ml coconut milk (reduced fat)
- 50ml water
- 100g broccoli tenderstem
- 50g mange tout
- 5g fresh coriander
- 1 small red chilli finely sliced
- 1/2 lime
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add oil and fry onions for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, thai red paste, red pepper and tumeric. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add ‘What the Cluck’, coconut milk and 50ml water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the basmati rice into a pan with cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Remove lid and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile blanch the trimmed broccoli and mange tout in boiling water for 2 minutes, drain and add to sauce.
- Serve immediately with the basmati rice or grains. Top with a little chopped coriander, sliced chilli for extra heat and a quarter lime on the side.