Win a virtual hangout with a football superstar with Cadbury
For a chance to win a virtual hangout with a football superstar, buy any Cadbury or Maynard product and text SUPERSTAR and the last four digits of the barcode to 81222 to enter.
Full Terms and Conditions
Promoter: Mondelez Europe Services GmbH – Branch with registered office at Cadbury House, Sanderson Road Uxbridge, UB8 1DH.
This Promotion is only open to residents of the United Kingdom who are aged 18 or over. Any employees of the Promoter (or any of its group undertakings and its agencies who are directly connected with the creation and administration of this Promotion) are excluded from entering this Promotion. The Promoter may request the winner to provide proof of purchase.
Purchase is necessary in the United Kingdom, excluding Northern Ireland residents, see clause 7 for further details. Please retain an itemised receipt that states the time and date of purchase prior to entry, as this may be required for validation and in order for the winner to receive the Prize. A text-able mobile phone is required for entry.
Please note that while we want to encourage you to participate and enjoy the benefits of the Promotion we believe in responsible consumption of our products. DO NOT purchase more product than you can reasonably use or consume just to participate in this Promotion.
Promotion Period: Enter between 00:01 BST on the 5th May 2021 and 23:59 BST on the 25th May 2021 inclusive.
Any entries received before or after the Promotion Period will not be valid and will not be entered into this Promotion. Texts are charged at standard network rate.
How to Enter: Purchase any Cadbury or Maynards Bassetts product from any Co-op store, and then text the word ‘SUPERSTAR’ with the last 4 digits of the barcode found on the product to either 81222, 83222, 84222 or 85222 in order to be entered into the Prize Draw. There is only one prize pool.
No Purchase Necessary (NPN) Route for Residents of Northern Ireland: Northern Ireland residents can send a correctly stamped postcard or letter with their full name, email address, postal address and phone number to the following address: JS11608 Cadbury Football Superstar, PO Box 704, Pinner, HA5 9PF (Entries to other postal address will not be accepted). All valid NPN entries will be entered into the Promotion on the consumer’s behalf. All NPN entries will be given an equal and random chance of winning a prize. All entrants using this entry route should take particular note of the timings of this Promotion and factor in time for their entry to reach the address above and at least 3 working days for their entry to be processed. One entry per postcard or letter.
Maximum of 1 entry is permitted per person during the entire Promotion Period. One itemised receipt per entry. Each itemised receipt must state the time and date of purchase, which must pre-date the entry date and time.
The Prizes: There will be a total of 11 winners:
a. Grand Prize: 1 winner and one guest (18+) will win:
i. 1 x 15-minute video call from a football superstar from the Football Club of your choice.
ii. 2 x tickets to a football match of the winner’s choice (subject to winner’s club choice & relevant clubs match day availability).
iii. 1 x signed Football Club jersey (subject to availability of club’s players)
iv. 1 x £100 club e-voucher for a choice of Football Club shop
v. 1 x £70 Cadbury hamper
b. Runner Up Prizes: 10 winners will each win 1 x £50 club e-voucher for a choice of Football Club shop.
10. Football Club: Winners have a choice from the following football clubs in respect of their Prize:
c. Manchester City
d. Manchester United
e. Tottenham Hotspur
11. Max 1 prize per person. Redemption of prizes is subject to Government guidelines and lockdown measures. If Government guidelines restrict redemption of the prizes in their current form, Promoter will work with the winners to discuss moving the prize to a later date or issuing an alternative prize. At all times, Promoter will have the discretion as to how to implement the prize fulfilment.
12. Further Prize Details and Conditions:
Club E-Voucher Details and Conditions:
a. Club e-vouchers will also be subject to the individual club shop terms and conditions.
b. Club e-vouchers will be emailed.
c. Each club e-voucher can only be redeemed once and then will become void.
d. Club e-vouchers must not be forwarded or shared.
e. The full amount of the club e-voucher must be used against one transaction and only one e-voucher can be used per transaction.
f. Club e-vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion, discount, or other club e-voucher code.
g. The Promoter is not responsible for any lost or stolen club e-vouchers.
h. All purchases made using the club e-vouchers will be subject to postage charges. The cost of each will vary depending on the club.
i. No refund will be given if the winners do not use the full value of the club e-voucher.
j. Club e-vouchers will be valid for three months from issue and can be redeemed online only.
Video Call Details and Conditions:
k. The winner will not be able to choose who their football superstar is. The football superstar will be from the winners Football Club of choice.
l. The Promoter does not guarantee that any footballers used in any marketing material will be available to participate in the video call.
m. The video call will be held on a web-based video call platform.
n. The winner must be aged 18 or over. The guests of the winner must be aged 18 or over, unless otherwise agreed by the Promoter in their sole discretion.
o. The winner will have the opportunity to ask the football superstar a selection of pre-approved questions on the call. The selection of pre-approved questions shall be subject to review and approval by the Promoter and football superstars’ team (which may be granted or approved in their sole discretion). This process will be arranged by the Promoter after the Prize is awarded.
p. The Prize must be taken before 31/10/2021, subject to the football superstar’s availability. The Promoter will endeavour to provide as much visibility as possible for the Prize date, although timings may only be confirmed (and are liable to move) days in advance, subject to the football superstar’s availability. Neither the Promoter nor the football superstar or their club will be liable in any way for any cancellation or postponement of the Prize.
q. The meeting platform will be confirmed with the winner during Prize Acceptance but prior to the virtual meet and greet.
r. In order to facilitate the smooth-running of the Prize, there will be a minimum of 2 representatives of the Promoter on the web-based video call. In the event that, in the opinion of the Promoter, the winner or any of their guests behave and/or speak in an inappropriate manner or ask questions that have not been pre-approved, the representatives of the Promoter will issue an initial warning. If the behaviour and/or speech continues, the representatives of the Promoter will terminate the video call and no alternative Prize, or any other form of compensation will be provided. The decision of the Promoter is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
s. The video call (Prize) will be recorded for internal use. By entering this Promotion, all entrants hereby grant the Promoter the exclusive right to film, tape, sound record and photograph all their activities in connection with the Promotion and the Prize for internal use.
t. The Prize does not include any devices on which the video call can be made, or internet service provider costs (or any mobile network data costs), or any other costs or expenses which are not specified in these terms and conditions.
u. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any technology problems associated with the Prize, including but not limited to connection issues or video/audio quality issues. In the event there are any such issues no replacement time or video call shall be made available.
Football Match Details and Conditions:
v. The winner is responsible for the behaviour of themselves and their guests whilst taking the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the winner and/or their guests from participation in any aspect of the Prize if any party fails to comply with the directions of the Promoter or any companies associated with the Prize or if the winner and/or their guests act in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is, in the opinion of the Promoter, anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in refused entry, or the ultimate football party ticket holders being required to leave the event/venue.
w. You and your guest must abide by any relevant terms and conditions set by the venue/s which form part of your prize. It is your responsibility to ensure that you take care when moving around the event/venue.
x. If the Promoter decides, the potential winner and/or any guest may be required to agree to a confidential background check or to provide suitable information to answer questions to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Promotion will not bring the Promoter into public disrepute as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion. This will include all relevant banning orders or related incidents regarding the winner at any venue as required by the government, the police or relevant law enforcement agencies or organisations. Part of this process may also include questions during the claim process and a review of personal information sourced from data available in the public domain.
y. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not include travel/transportation, accommodation, food, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, excess baggage, additional excursions and attractions or any other costs of a personal nature (including spending money) that are not explicitly set out in these Terms and Conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs.
z. If you are the subject of a current Banning Order under the Football Spectators Act 1989, you will be refused entry to the promotion and to all PL Club stadiums.
aa. Other than as set out in the Terms and Conditions of Entry, the winner may not transfer or sell tickets to anybody. The unauthorized sale or disposal of tickets is a criminal offence under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, as amended by the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006.
13. The Promoter fully respects freedom of speech, but prior to entering the promotion, the winner must not have posted, published or caused to be published by way of press, radio, television or in any social medium, any comments that are likely to discredit or damage the reputation of the Promoter or their product(s) or service(s) or be in breach of the rules of the relevant media. In addition, the winner must not do so during the life of the promotion or Prize. If, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, decides that the winner has breached this condition, the winner’s entitlement to the Prize may be cancelled and a substitute winner chosen on the same basis as the original winner.
14. The Promoter may request that the winners participate in publicity arising from the Promotion. The winners are under no obligation to participate and may decline this request. Participation is at the winner’s discretion and is not a condition of Prize Acceptance.
15. Winner Selection: 11 winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period. For your total confidence, the prize draw will be conducted by PromoVeritas, an independent promotional verification service, within 3 working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
16. Winner Notification: Each winner will be contacted via the phone number used on entry within 5 working days of Winner Selection and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prizes, within 14 days of initial contact. In the event that a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner. If a winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
17. Prize Acceptance: Winners will be notified within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize to arrange fulfilment or delivery of their Prize/s. Winners will be required to respond within 14 days of initial contact. In the event that a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner. In the unlikely event that a Prize doesn’t arrive within 28 days of Prize Acceptance, the winners will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by emailing CadburyFootballSuperstar@promowinners.com. In the event that a winner does not inform the Promoter within this time frame, the Promoter will reserve the right to not reissue the prize or limit its value at their sole discretion.
18. Provided no objection is received, the surname and county of the winners will be made available to anyone who requests them by writing to JS11608 Cadbury Virtual Hangout with a Superstar. WL, PO Box 704, Pinner, HA5 9PF, within 3 months of the closing date. In the event they win, winners may request their surname and county are not published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced by emailing CadburyFootballSuperstar@promowinners.com. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
19. This promotion will be run by the Promoter and is not in any way administered by Liverpool, Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United, Chelsea or Arsenal Football Club. By entering, you acknowledge that Liverpool, Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United, Chelsea or Arsenal Football Club shall not have any liability to you in connection with the promotion.
20. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any element of a Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute another prize for it, of equal or greater value.
21. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, malware incident, technical failures, pandemic, epidemic, Government Order / Guidelines, delay in delivery of Promotional packs, or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
22. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to the text line.
23. The Promoter together with any associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using a Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
24. An entry must be made directly by the individual entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means together with entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms & Conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the rules of the Promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void.
25. Should an act, omission, event or circumstance occur which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms & Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
26. The Promoter may refuse to award a Prize in the event of any entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, breach or non-entitlement under these Terms & Conditions or seek recovery of its value if the Prizes have been awarded.
27. The Promoter shall comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and any successor legislation or other applicable law. The personal information entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this promotion and in accordance with the Promoters’ Data Privacy Notice which can be found at www.cadbury.co.uk/privacy. The Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this Promotion (including any relevant promotional activity) or communicating with entrants.
28. If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
29. By entering this Promotion, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
30. In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in the Terms & Conditions will prevail.
31. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: Mondelez Europe Services GmbH – Branch with registered office at Cadbury House, Sanderson Road Uxbridge, UB8 1DH.