Terms and conditions
1. PROMOTER: This promotion is operated by Co-operative Group Food Limited, a registered society incorporated in England and Wales under registered number IP26715R whose registered office at 1 Angel Square, Manchester, M60 0AG. References to “we”, “us” or “our” in these terms and conditions are references to the promoter.
2. OPENING AND CLOSING DATE: This promotion opens at 9am on 21st January 2021 and closes at 10am on 29th January 2021 (“Entry Period”). Any entries made outside the Entry Period will not be valid and will not be entered into this promotion.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This promotion is open to anyone who meets the entry requirements aged 18 or over. To be eligible to enter this promotion, you must comment on the Co-op social media posts which advertise the competition. The Promoter will post multiple times on Facebook and Twitter during the Entry Period advertising the competition, you may comment to enter on any of these posts during the Entry Period. Internet access required.
If selected as the winner, we may require you to provide a valid form of identification in order to prove you are over the age of 18.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Comment on the Co-op’s official Facebook and Twitter posts (referred to in clause 3) during the Entry Period with the name of the artist you are looking forward to seeing at Music Feeds (28th and 29th January 2021). No purchase necessary. You may enter as many times as you wish.
5. PRIZE: A Virtual Meet and Greet with Tim Booth, Jim Glennie, Andy Diagram and Saul Davies from the band James on the 30th of January 2021 at 7pm GMT. The Virtual Meet and Greet will be no more than 45 minutes long and will only take place at this time. The Virtual Meet and Greet will take place on Zoom. In order to access the Virtual Meet and Greet you will need access to the Zoom website on a phone, tablet or computer with a working webcam and a working microphone. You will be allowed to bring 1 guest with you to the Virtual Meet and Greet. The guest must be over the age of 18, we may request a copy of the guest’s identification in order to verify the guest’s age. Before and during the Virtual Meet and Greet you must not do anything illegal, offensive, abusive, defamatory or explicit, if you do, we may terminate the prize immediately without notice.
6. WINNER SELECTION: The 10 winners will be randomly selected from all those who meet the entry criteria.
7. NOTIFICATION: We will contact the winners via the social media account that was used when entering this promotion. The winners will be required to respond to confirm their acceptance of the prize within 12 hours. If the winner does not respond to us within 12 hours of us contacting the winners, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and another winner will be picked at random from the remaining eligible entries.
The winner’s social media profile must set to ‘public’ in order to receive our message. Notwithstanding any other provision in these terms and conditions, we are not responsible (i) should we be unable to contact the winner, or (ii) if the winner is not notified of our message, due to their privacy settings. In these circumstances, we will select an alternative winner at random following 12 hours of our attempted contact.
Once the winners have accepted the prize, they will be required to provide us with valid contact details (their name and email address) in order to make arrangements in advance of the Virtual Meet and Greet.
8. DECISIONS OF THE PROMOTER: If there is any dispute about the receipt of validity of any entry or any other aspect of the promotion, this will be decided by us. Our decision regarding any aspect of the promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
9. AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Entry to this promotion shall constitute your acceptance of these terms and conditions and your agreement to be bound by them. These terms and conditions take effect immediately upon entry to the promotion.
10. DISQUALIFICATION: We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to reject any entry, withhold the prize and disqualify you from the promotion if we suspect you of failing to comply with these terms and conditions or of fraud, cheating or dishonesty. Entries must not be, or contain anything that is illegal, offensive, abusive, defamatory or explicit.
11. QUALITY AND OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES: Entries must not be, or contain anything that is illegal, offensive, abusive, defamatory or explicit. We may, in our sole discretion, refuse to accept entries which we consider in our reasonable opinion to contravene this clause 11.
12. NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ENTRIES NOT RECEIVED: We accept no responsibility for entries not successfully received by us, or which are delayed, due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: We, our agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate you or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize (if you win) except where it is caused by our negligence or the negligence of our agents or distributors or that of our or their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
14. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ADMINISTER PROMOTION: We, other members of the Co-operative Group may collect personal information from you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and other applicable data privacy laws.
15. USE OF PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES: By entering this promotion, you agree that if you win we, other members of the Co-operative Group may use your entry, name, photo or image, county of residence and any testimonial you have provided to us, for promotional purposes.
16. CANCELLATION OR WITHDRAWAL OF PROMOTION: We reserve the right at our absolute discretion to withdraw or cancel this promotion without prior notice and without liability to any party if it becomes necessary to do so.
17. CANCELLATION OF PRIZE: The winner will not be entitled to any compensation and will have no claim against us if Virtual Meet and Greet is delayed, postponed, rescheduled or cancelled. We may, at our sole discretion, choose to give winner an alternative prize should the event be cancelled.
18. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Revised terms and conditions will be available on request by visiting www.coop.co.uk/terms/co-op-music-feeds-competition It is your responsibility to keep up to date with any such changes.
19. RELEVANT LAW: This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts if any dispute arises