Co-op x Jay’s Pub Quiz giveaway terms and conditions
1. PROMOTER: This promotion is operated by Co-operative Group Limited, a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014, Registered No 26715R with registered office at 1 Angel Square, Manchester, M60 0AG. References to “we”, “us” or “our” in these terms and conditions are references to the promoter.
2. OPENING AND CLOSING DATE: This promotion opens on 00:01 AM on Thursday 19 November 2020 and closes at 23:59 PM on 21 November 2020. Any entries made before the opening date or after the closing date will not be valid and will not be entered into this promotion.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This promotion is open to all UK residents including Co-op Colleagues. However, employees of the promoter (or any of its group undertakings and its agencies who are directly connected with the creation and administration of this promotion) are excluded from entering this promotion.
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, click on the link on the pinned tweet on @TheVirtualPubQ1’s Twitter feed that was posted on 19 November which says “WIN 1/5 £50 Co-op Gift Cards. We’re celebrating with @Coopuk as they share £15 million with thousands of local UK causes. Click link to share news & chance of winning £50 Gift Card. T&C’s apply #ItsWhatWeDo #JaysVirtualPubQuiz #Ad” Only one entry per person.
5. PRIZES: There are five (5) £50 Co-op Gift Cards to be won, maximum one prize per winner. The prizes will be posted out to each of the winner’s address. We won’t substitute or change the Gift cards prizes for a different prize of an equivalent or greater value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so and there will be no cash alternative.
6. WINNER SELECTION: Five (5) winners will be drawn at random on the 23 November using an online computer number generator.
7. NOTIFICATION: If you win, you will be notified by direct message on Twitter from the Co-op Social Media Team. You will be asked to provide your full name and postal address which your prize will be sent to. You will receive your prize by recorded post to a UK address within 14 days of being confirming your UK postal address. If you do not confirm your address within 14 days of receiving the direct message notification, you will have forfeited the prize and another winner will be selected.
8. DECISIONS OF THE PROMOTER: If there is any dispute about the receipt of validity of any entry or any other aspect of the promotion, this will be decided by us. Our decision regarding any aspect of the promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
9. WINNER LIST: Winners’ Surnames and respective county of residence (if known) can be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no earlier than 7 days and no later than 30 of days after the closing date of the promotion.
10. AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Entry to this promotion shall constitute your acceptance of these terms and conditions your agreement to be bound by them. These terms and conditions take effect immediately upon entry to the promotion.
11. DISQUALIFICATION: We reserve the right to reject any entry, withhold any prizes and disqualify you from the promotion if we suspect you of failing to comply with these terms and conditions or of fraud, cheating or dishonesty.
12. NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ENTRIES NOT RECEIVED: We accept no responsibility for entries not successfully received by us, or which are delayed, due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
13. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ADMINISTER PROMOTION: We, other members of the Co-operative Group and 3rd party agencies acting on our behalf, may collect personal information from you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and other applicable data privacy laws. Except as set out in clause 14 below, we and other members of the Co-operative Group will only use your information for the purposes of administering this promotion.
14. USE OF PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES: By entering this promotion, you agree that if you win we, other members of the Co-operative Group and 3rd party agencies acting on our behalf may use your entry, name, photo or image, county of residence and any testimonial you have provided to us, for promotional purposes (including on our websites, social media, within our magazines or within promotional emails).
15. NO ENDORSEMENT BY THIRD PARTIES: This prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. Twitter is not responsible to entrants in respect of any aspect of this promotion. By entering this prize draw, you are providing information to the promoter and its 3rd party associates contracted for the purpose of administering this prize draw and not to Facebook and Twitter.
CANCELLATION OR WITHDRAWAL OF PROMOTION: We reserve the right at our absolute discretion to withdraw or cancel this promotion without prior notice and without liability to any party if it becomes necessary to do so.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Revised terms and conditions will be available here. It is your responsibility to keep up to date with any such changes.
RELEVANT LAW: This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts if any dispute arises.
DISCLAIMER: Outside of posting the giveaway Tweet, Jay’s Pub Quiz is not responsible for the administration of this promotion or the fulfilment of any prizes.