How we use your information.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer, mobile phone or device. Cookies may be placed on your device when you visit a website or open a marketing email.
The Co-op and cookies
We also set third parties cookies to allow you to easily link to third parties you may be subscribed to, such as Twitter and Youtube. We do not control these cookies, but we check how these cookies might use your information before allowing them to be set on our sites. Please visit the third parties’ websites for more information on these cookies. We have provided a list of all third party cookies and links to further information below.
Some third party cookies are used to help us understand the performance of our marketing activity and improve the relevance of the adverts you see. We use these cookies to display products and services that we think will interest you, across our group of websites.
Our partners may also set cookies when they direct you to our site to buy a product. These cookies allow us to pay our partners a referral fee based on the nature of any purchase you make.
Below is a list of the main cookies used by each of our businesses websites.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are necessary for the website to function. If they are disabled our site won’t work.
- Performance cookies. These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site
- Functionality cookies. These cookies allow us to remember choices you’ve made on our site.
- 'cookie-notice' is used to detect whether the user has been informed about our cookies policy. It is a persistent cookie which means it never expires.
Co-op Electrical cookies
- ‘Tcpl_user’ this identifies whether you are a registered customer. Session only
- ‘Tcpl_recg_usr’ If you are a registered customer, this allows you to log in to the website so information such as your address details are remembered throughout the Checkout process for a better experience. Session only
- ‘RecentlyViewed’ This remembers the products you recently viewed on this website. Session only
- ‘basketsummary’ This remembers products added to your basket. Session only
- ‘Estore_Media_Code’ We track traffic from third parties so we can indentify the source/campaign and track any subsequent sales generated. This cookie is linked to your order so we can report on this. Lasts 30 days
Strictly necessary cookies
- ‘ASPSESSIONIDCARDTCSR’ this allows you to complete forms on this website. Session only
Co-op Food cookies
- ‘VisitedCookie’ enables a personalised homepage for first time visitors to this site. The cookie determines whether you are a new or returning visitor, then new visitors receive a 'welcome' version of the homepage. The cookie collects information in an anonymous form, the only information stored is whether you have visited the site before. Lasts 6 months
- ‘Play_Session’ when logged in, the cookie stores the user’s email address and password, so that they don't have to log in on every visit. Lasts 90 days unless deleted
- ‘optimizelyEndUserId’ and ‘optimizelyRedirectData’ allows us to use Optimizely X to show you the most relevant message, depending on how you arrived at our Food site. It also allows us to test different features on the site to see which are the most popular. Lasts 10 years
Co-op Funeralcare cookies
Co-op Funeralcare website uses a number of third party Performance and Analytics cookies, please refer to the Third Party Cookies section below for more information
Co-op Insurance cookies
- ‘WT_FPC’ webtrends Analytics, used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. It remains on your device for 10 years
- ‘Cfswebcookie’ logs that user has entered the quote tools previously and lasts 4 years
- Mbox, ‘s_campaign’, ‘s_cc’, ‘s_invisit’ and ‘s_sq’ Omniture SiteCatalyst, used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited and lasts the current session only.
- ‘s_nr’ (Multiple values) and ‘s_vnum’ (Multiple values) Webtrends Analytics, used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Lasts one month.
- ‘op635detailedpricegum’ Autonomy Optimost page optimisation maximises conversation rates through multivariate testing. Lasts 2 years
- ‘op635detailedpriceliid’ Autonomy Optimost page optimisation maximises conversation rates through multivariate testing. Lasts 2 years
Strictly necessary cookies
- ‘Apache’ tracks users via access logs and lasts one year
- ‘JSESSIONID’ weblogic session tracking and lasts for current session only
- ‘ASP.NET_SessionId’ maintain web session and lasts for the current session only
- ‘_oloCOOKIE’ your quote session information (no personal details) lasts one day
- ‘.ASPXAUTH’ to assert if user is authenticated. Lasts for session only
- ‘AFFINITY_ID’ maintain web session. Lasts 1 month
- ‘ASP.NET_SessionId’ maintain web session. Session only
- ‘BrandCode’ maintain web session. Lasts 1 month
- ‘CUSTOMER_SESSION_ID’ maintain web session. Session only
- ‘MaskNumber’ maintain web session. 1 month only
- ‘TestCookieEnabled’ test if cookies are enabled. 1 day
- ‘Js’ used by Jquery. Session only
- ‘referer’ uses specified URLs from us (either partnerships, paid search or britannia) to identify where the user has come from and either give them specific phone numbers or media codes and lasts 30 days
- ‘style’ style sheet selector lasts one year
- ‘Bank-survey’ used to track if a visitor has clicked a link indicating they do not wish to take the online survey. Lasts 14 days
Co-op Legal Services cookies
- ‘nl_cls’ This cookie enables personalised webpages for visitors to this site while allowing us to identify the source of an enquiry and lasts 30 days
- ‘cam_cls’ This cookie enables personalised webpages for visitors to this site while allowing us to identify the source of an enquiry and lasts 30 days
- ‘_wills_session’ This is used to track your session and identify you as a user as you complete the preparation form and will only last the session
Co-op Membership cookies
Strictly necessary cookies
- ‘MEMBER_PORTAL_SESSIONID’ holds the user's session ID and last the current session only
- ‘gmid’ unique identifier set by Gigya and last the current session only
- ‘ucid’ unique identifier set by Gigya and lasts one year
- ‘email’ only set when the user ticks the 'remember me' box on the sign in page and lasts one month
- ‘.ASPXANONYMOUS’ When The Co-operative sends emails, we track whether the emails have been opened and what links have been clicked on. Our email service provider assigns this cookie so that we can report on this and improve our email offerings, making them more relevant to what you want. The cookie length varies
- ‘_utma’ The Co-operative uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google. We use Google Analytics to collect anonymous information about how visitors use our websites. This cookies lasts two years
- ‘Is_returning’ CrazyEgg may record mouse clicks, mouse movements and scrolling activity. It does not collect any personally identifiable information and does not track your browsing habits across websites.
- facebook.com retargeting tag.We will use the cookie to serve an advert from the Co-op Facebook page to visitors of our sites. This cookie lasts 180 days
- ‘IDE’ The Co-op will use this cookie from Doubleclick to serve Co-op messages on websites you visit. This cookies lasts 180 days
How to manage your cookies
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent cookies being stored.
Please note, if you do turn cookies off this will limit the service that we are able to provide to you and may affect your visitor experience.