1. PROMOTER: This promotion is operated by Co-operative Group Food Limited, a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014, Registered No 26715R with registered office at 1 Angel Square, Manchester, M60 0AG. References to “we”, “us” or “our” in these terms and conditions are references to the promoter.
2. OPENING AND CLOSING DATE: This promotion opens on 27th February 2023 at 9AM and closes on 8th May 2023 at 11PM. Any entries made before the opening date or after the closing date will not be valid and will not be entered into this promotion.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This promotion is open to all UK Residents (including NI) and over the age of 18. However, employees of the promoter (or any of its group undertakings and its agencies who are directly connected with the creation and administration of this promotion) are excluded from entering this promotion. Any entries which do not meet this eligibility criteria will not be valid and will not be entered into the competition.
4. HOW TO ENTER: The template is included in the activity packs and is also available to download from here: Activity Packs - Co-op (coop.co.uk). Participants may design their Coronation carriage and once a design has been completed, take a picture of the carriage and share on social media @coopuk #MyCarriage. The template must be used for valid entries between the opening and closing date. Maximum one entry per person only.
5. PRIZES: There is 1 prize of a £250 for the individual winning entry and 1 prize of a £250 donation to a community or local cause to be won. The prize of £250 will be donated to the cause which is agreed between the winner and Co-op’s Local Engagement Team. The Co-op Local Engagement Team will assess the suitability of the community or local cause and will have the final decision on the recipient of such payment. Examples of suitable community or local causes are: sports equipment for schools, benches for group seating, plants and seeds for a local area or park etc. The pack is non-refundable and non-transferable. We may substitute or change the prizes for a prize of an equivalent or greater value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so.
6. WINNER SELECTION: The winner will be selected at random via a randomised computer process provided that participants have entered via social media uploading a photo of the design using @coopuk #MyCarriage.
7. NOTIFICATION: We will contact the winner within 7 days after the date that the winner is drawn. We will contact the winner via email address provided upon entry. If the winner does not response to us within 5 days of being notified by us, then the winner’s Prize will be forfeited and another winner will be picked at random from the remaining eligible entries in accordance with the process described above in clause 6.
8. DECISIONS OF THE PROMOTER: If there is any dispute about the validity of any entry or any other aspect of the promotion, this will be decided by us. Our decision regarding any aspect of the promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
9. WINNER LIST: The winners name and respective counties of residence can be obtained by sending an email to email@example.com within 7 working of days after the closing date of the promotion.
10. AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Entry to this promotion shall constitute your acceptance of these terms and conditions and your agreement to be bound by them. These terms and conditions take effect immediately upon entry to the promotion. These terms and conditions prevail in the event of a conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
11. DISQUALIFICATION: We reserve the right to reject any entry, withhold the prize and disqualify you from the promotion if we suspect you of failing to comply with these terms and conditions or of fraud, cheating or dishonesty. Entries must be made personally. Entries made through agents/third-parties, bulk entries or automated entries are invalid.
12. NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ENTRIES NOT RECEIVED: We accept no responsibility for incomplete entries or entries not successfully received by us, or which are delayed, due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
13. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ADMINISTER PROMOTION: We, other members of the Co-operative Group and third party agencies acting on our behalf, may collect personal information from you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable data privacy laws. Except as set out in clause 14 below, we and other members of the Co-operative Group will only use your information for the purposes of administering this promotion.
14. USE OF PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES: By entering this promotion, you agree that if you win, we, other members of the Co-operative Group and third party agencies acting on our behalf may use your entry, name, photo or image, county of residence and any testimonial you have provided to us, for promotional purposes (including on our websites, social media, within our magazines or within promotional emails).
15. CANCELLATION OR WITHDRAWAL OF PROMOTION: We reserve the right at our absolute discretion to withdraw or cancel this promotion without prior notice and without liability to any party if it becomes necessary to do so.
16. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Revised terms and conditions will be available at Terms and conditions - Co-op (coop.co.uk). It is your responsibility to keep up to date with any such changes.
17. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; All conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law or otherwise in connection with the prizes are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall be under no liability whatsoever or howsoever arising in connection with any loss, damage or injury suffered as a direct result of the provision or use of the Prizes. The Promoter makes no attempt to exclude or limit its liability for death or personal injury arising as a result of its negligence.
18. RELEVANT LAW: This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts if any dispute arises.
19. NO ENDORSEMENT BY THIRD PARTIES: This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. Instagram, Twitter and Facebook are not responsible to entrants in respect of any aspect of this promotion. By entering this promotion, you are providing information to the promoter and its third party associates contracted for the purpose of administering this promotion and not to Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.