Store launch social hamper competition terms and conditions
- PROMOTER: This promotion is operated by Co-operative Group Limited, a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014, Registered No 525R with registered office at 1 Angel Square, Manchester, M60 0AG. References to “we”, “us” or “our” in these terms and conditions are references to the promoter.
- OPENING AND CLOSING DATE: This promotion opens on the dates specified on the social post. The earliest possible date will be 9th November and latest closing date on 13 December. Specific closing dates will be shared on the social post advertising the competition. Any entries made before the opening date or after the closing date will not be valid and will not be entered into this promotion.
- ELIGIBILITY: This promotion is open to UK residents if you are over the age of 18. However, employees of the promoter (or any of its group undertakings and its agencies who are directly connected with the creation and administration of this promotion) are excluded from entering this promotion. Winners will be asked to provide proof of age to collect their prize.
HOW TO ENTER: To enter participants must comment on the sponsored competition post posted by the Co-op main page to Facebook or Instagram. The post will share details of the prize and mechanic to enter. They must tag one person in the comments section between the opening and closing date. Maximum of one entry per person. The post will be live for 2 weeks from the launch date of the store opening, and entries close when the Ad is no longer live (2 weeks post launch) – these dates will be specified on the post. Proposed store launch dates, subject to change: Thursday 12th November • Cannock, Longford Road • Seven Kings, Cameron Road Friday 13th November • Dickens Estate • Llantrisant • Dornoch • St. Albans, London Road • Rosudgeon, Main Road Thursday 19th November • Fleming Crescent, Hertford • Knutsford Friday 20th November • Petworth, Market Square • Hastings, Parkstone Parade • Petrol Hereford, Holmer Road Friday 27th • Gatley, Gatley Road • Norbury, London Road • Wrexham, Lord Street • Petrol Cross Hillocks • Royal Albert Wharf, Gallions Quarter Thursday 3rd December • Cardigan Road Friday 4th December • Torquay, Torwood Street • Marple, Church Street Thursday 10th December • St Just, Market Square • Barton Road • Coney Hall • Bengeo
PRIZE: There are 2 hampers to be won per store, with a proposed 24 store launches (as per the list above). Hampers can be won when an individual tags who they would like to also win a hamper. The winner who is selected will win 2 hampers, one for them and one for the person tagged. It will be the responsibility of the winner to collect both hampers from the store. Each prize is a luxury Christmas hamper filled with Irresistible Prosecco, Irresistible Elderflower Presse, Irresistible Chocolate & Seville Orange Marmalade Fudge, Irresistible Ultimate Roast Potato Hand Cooked crisps, Co-op Irresistible Pigs in Blankets Hand Cooked Crisps, Irresistible Old Fashioned Clementine Buttercream Mince Pies, Milk Chocolate Coins and White Chocolate Coins, Co-op Toffee Stars and Co-op Peppermint candy canes. We may substitute or change the prize for a prize of an equivalent or greater value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so but there will be no cash alternative.
- WINNER SELECTION: Winner’s will be drawn at random two weeks after the post is published, using a random comment selector to select the winning comment.
- NOTIFICATION: If you win, you will be notified via the platform used to enter via private message. Winners will then be requested to collect their prize from their local Co-op store within 2 weeks of being notified. Failure to do so will forfeit the prize and another winner will be randomly chose using the mechanic outlined in point 6.
- NO ENDORSEMENT BY THIRD PARTIES: This prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram and Facebook. Instagram and Facebook is not responsible to entrants in respect of any aspect of this promotion. By entering this prize draw, you are providing information to the promoter and its 3rd party associates contracted for the purpose of administering this prize draw and not to Instagram, and Facebook.
- DECISIONS OF THE PROMOTER: If there is any dispute about the receipt of validity of any entry or any other aspect of the promotion, this will be decided by us. Our decision regarding any aspect of the promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- WINNER LIST: Surname names and respective counties of residence can be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 of days after the closing date of the promotion.
- AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Entry to this promotion shall constitute your acceptance of these terms and conditions your agreement to be bound by them. These terms and conditions take effect immediately upon entry to the promotion.
- DISQUALIFICATION: We reserve the right to reject any entry, withhold any prize and disqualify you from the promotion if we suspect you of failing to comply with these terms and conditions or of fraud, cheating or dishonesty.
- NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ENTRIES NOT RECEIVED: We accept no responsibility for entries not successfully received by us, or which are delayed, due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ADMINISTER PROMOTION: We, other members of the Co-operative Group and 3rd party agencies acting on our behalf, may collect personal information from you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and other applicable data privacy laws. Except as set out in clause 16 below, we and other members of the Co-operative Group will only use your information for the purposes of administering this promotion.
- USE OF PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES: By entering this promotion, you agree that if you win we, other members of the Co-operative Group and 3rd party agencies acting on our behalf may use your entry, name, photo or image, county of residence and any testimonial you have provided to us, for promotional purposes (including on our websites, social media, within our magazines or within promotional emails).
- CANCELLATION OR WITHDRAWAL OF PROMOTION: We reserve the right at our absolute discretion to withdraw or cancel this promotion without prior notice and without liability to any party if it becomes necessary to do so.
- CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Revised terms and conditions will be available at here. It is your responsibility to keep up to date with any such changes.
- RELEVANT LAW: This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts if any dispute arises.