Asparagus and halloumi kebabs
Make the most of British asparagus with this easy skewer recipe that's both vegetarian and gluten free.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 6g
Share this recipe
- 2 red peppers
- 200g Co-op British asparagus tips, halved
- 180g Co-op halloumi, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 Co-op British courgette, halved lengthways, then sliced into 12 half moons
- 1 red onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 1½ tbsp Co-op olive oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- ½ tbsp white wine vinegar
- Preheat the grill to high. Put the red peppers on a baking tray and grill for 15-20 mins, turning regularly, until charred all over — or cook on the barbecue if you prefer.
- Remove, put in a food storage bag and leave to cool. Thread the asparagus tips, halloumi chunks, courgette slices and red onion wedges onto 6 metal skewers. Season and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Put them on a baking tray lined with foil and greased with extra oil, or place directly on the barbecue. Cook for 3-5 mins, then turn over and repeat for the other side.
- Meanwhile, peel the cooled peppers and put in a mini food processor. Add ½ tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp smoked paprika, a pinch of chilli flakes and white wine vinegar. Season and whizz until smooth.
- Drizzle a little of the sauce over the kebabs and serve with the remaining sauce on the side.