Asparagus bacon fries with dippy eggs
Raise your brunch game with these asparagus and bacon soldiers, perfect for dipping into runny free range eggs.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 13g
Share this recipe
- 3 rashers Co-op smoked back bacon
- 20g bread (we used leftover ciabatta)
- 15g Co-op Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped Co-op flat leaf parsley
- ½ garlic clove
- 200g Co-op British asparagus tips
- 1 tbsp Co-op plain flour
- 3 Co-op British free range eggs
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- Dry-fry the bacon in a nonstick frying pan for 6-8 mins, until crisp, then set aside on kitchen paper to cool for 5 mins.
- Roughly chop, then blitz, along with the bread, Parmigiano Reggiano, parsley, garlic and some black pepper, then spread out on a large plate.
- Dust the asparagus with the flour. Beat 1 of the eggs in a wide, shallow bowl. Dip 1 of the asparagus spears in the egg, then roll it in the breadcrumb mixture. Place on a lined baking tray and repeat with the rest of the spears. Drizzle with the olive oil and bake for 10-12 mins or until golden and crisp.
- Cook the remaining eggs in a pan of boiling water for 5 mins or to your taste, then serve with the asparagus spears for dipping.