Baked kale risotto with smoked bacon
Try baking risotto instead for a crispy edge and to avoid any laborious stirring. This one's made with smoky bacon and kale.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 62g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1 tbsp Co-op vegetable oil
- ½ x 230g pack Co-op Irresistible smoked streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 300g Co-op Italian risotto rice
- 850ml hot vegetable stock, made with ½ stock cube
- 160g Co-op British sliced curly kale
- 5 tbsp Co-op light soft cheese
- 1 tbsp grated Co-op parmesan wedge
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large lidded casserole dish and cook the bacon over a high heat for about 5 mins, until golden
- Reduce the heat, add the onion and garlic to the dish, then cook for another 4–5 mins to soften
- Add the thyme and rice, stirring to coat the grains in oil
- Stir in the stock, bring to the boil, cover, then transfer to the oven for 10 mins
- Take out of the oven, stir in the kale, plus 4 tbsp of the soft cheese, then bake for another 15 mins or until the rice is tender
- To serve, stir in the remaining soft cheese, season and sprinkle with the parmesan