Cauliflower & chick pea curry
This veg-packed cauliflower and chick pea curry is mild and creamy — and vegan!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 19g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1 tbsp Co-op vegetable oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 5cm ginger, finely grated
- 4 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 400g can Co-op chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 reduced-salt vegetable stock cube, dissolved in 300ml boiling water
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ x 25g pack coriander, leaves only, roughly chopped
- Co-op plain poppadoms, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large, high-sided frying pan over a high heat
- Fry the onion, ginger and garlic for 3 mins, until starting to soften
- Set aside a spoonful to garnish
- Add the curry powder and turmeric, fry for another minute, then add the chick peas, stock and coconut cream
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins, stirring occasionally
- Spoon half the curry into a jug, add 100ml water and blitz with a stick blender until smooth
- Put the sauce back into the pan and stir in the cauliflower
- Cover, bring to a simmer and cook for 10-12 mins, until the cauliflower is tender
- Once cooked, stir in the lemon juice
- Serve the curry garnished with the reserved fried onion mix and sprinkled with coriander, with poppadoms on the side, if you like