This is our go-to batter recipe. Decide whether to roll or fold, then choose from our toppings
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 12g
Share this recipe
- 150g Co-op plain flour
- 250ml Co-op semi-skimmed milk
- 2 Co-op British free range eggs
- 20g Co-op unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus extra for greasing
- To make the batter, sift the flour into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre
- Pour in the milk, 50ml water and the eggs and whisk together until smooth
- Set aside for 30 mins, then whisk in the butter
- Heat a nonstick frying pan on a medium heat
- Grease the pan with a little butter, then pour in 2-3 tbsp batter, swirling until the base of the pan is coated
- Fry for 1 minute, until set
- Flip, then cook the pancake for 30 seconds to 1 minute more
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
Lemon & sugar: Serve the traditional way, with a squeeze of lemon juice and a dusting of sugar
Feta, honey & thyme: Try a Greek-inspired pancake. Top with a little crumbled Feta and a drizzle of runny honey, then sprinkle with a few thyme leaves to serve
Millionaire’s pancakes: Here’s one for an indulgent treat. Top your pancakes with a generous drizzle of ready-made caramel sauce and crumble over Co-op Irresistible shortbread squares.
Prosecco poached peaches: For a grown-up topping, boil peaches, in enough water to cover, for 5 mins, cool, then peel and cut into slices. Poach in a pan with sugar and Prosecco until syrupy. Spoon the peaches and syrup over the pancakes and finish off with a spoonful of mascarpone.