Fajita jacket potatoes
Liven up a baked spud with these fajita jacket potatoes! A fantastic vegetarian dinner recipe to feed the family.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 46g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 4 Co-op baking potatoes (large)
- 1 ½ tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 mixed peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp each ground cumin, oregano and smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder, medium or hot depending on your preference
- 400g can Co-op red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g can Co-op Italian chopped tomatoes
- 30g 30g Co-op British Grated Mature Cheddar
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander, to serve
- 4 tbsp Co-op soured cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Prick the potatoes all over and rub with 1 tsp of the oil before seasoning well
- Bake in the oven for 1–1¼ hours until tender
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a pan and fry the onion and peppers for 8-10 mins, until soft
- Season, stir in the garlic and cook for 1 min, then add the spices
- Add the beans and tomatoes, then half-fill the tomato can with water and pour that in too. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 mins, until thickened slightly
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half and carefully remove a large spoonful of flesh from each, leaving a layer of potato inside the skin. Save the potato flesh for thickening soups or stews
- Preheat the oven again to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4
- Spoon the fajita mix into the potatoes, then sprinkle with the Cheddar
- Put back in the oven for 8-10 mins, until the cheese is bubbling, then serve sprinkled with the coriander and a dollop of soured cream