Garlic bread toasties
This recipe combines two family favourites — garlic bread and toasties — and tastes twice as good
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 44g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 60g Co-op unsalted butter, softened
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 8 slices Co-op farmhouse white loaf
- 120g Co-op British mature lightercheese
- 2 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 Co-op pickled onions in vinegar,drained and thinly sliced
- 2 x 70g packs Co-op wild rocket
- Mix the butter, garlic and parsley in a small bowl until smooth
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/fan 130°C/gas 2
- Spread the butter mixture over both sides of each slice of bread
- Place a large, nonstick frying pan over a medium heat
- Add the bread in batches and cook for 1 minute on each side, or until light golden
- Reduce the heat to medium-low
- Layer a slice of toast with a quarter of the cheese, tomato and pickled onions, then season
- Top with another slice of toast, transfer to the pan and cook for 2 mins on each side, until the cheese has melted and the bread is golden
- Repeat to make three more toasties, transferring to the oven to keep warm while you cook the others
- Slice the toasties diagonally and serve with the salad on the side
Top tip: add whatever you have in the fridge here — pesto, roast veggies or ham would work well, too.