Inside out trifle
Our topsy-turvy pud can also be a grown-up dessert if you add a little liqueur Grab some spoons and tuck in!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 51g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 250g Co-op frozen summer fruits, defrosted and well drained
- 1/2 x 130g pack strawberry jelly, cut into squares
- 2 tbsp fruit liqueur (optional)
- 3 x Co-op raspberry and vanilla Swiss rolls
- 75g Co-op Irresistible Fairtrade Ghanaian white chocolate
- 250g Co-op fresh vanilla custard
- 300ml Co-op double cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Strawberries, halved (optional)
- Line a 15cm round cake tin with 2 layers of clingfilm then tip in the defrosted berries
- Put the jelly in a heatproof jug, add 140ml boiling water and stir until melted
- Add 100ml cold water, and mix in the liqueur, if using
- Leave to cool completely, then pour into the tin and put in the fridge to set
- Line a 2 litre glass bowl with 2 layers of clingfilm
- Cut each Swiss roll into 8 slices
- Reserving 6 slices for the trifle base, cover the inside surface of the bowl, packing the slices in tightly
- Melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure the base doesn’t touch the surface
- Spread the chocolate over the Swiss roll slices in the bowl, then put in the fridge to set
- Beat the custard, cream and vanilla extract together, until the mixture holds its shape
- Spoon two thirds into the Swiss roll bowl
- Lift the jelly out of its tin, gently turn over and lay on top of the cream
- Spread half the remaining cream over the jelly, then arrange the reserved Swiss roll slices on top
- Carefully invert the trifle and turn it out onto a serving plate
- Top with a final dollop of cream, and scatter over the strawberries, if using.