Lemon and lime olive oil custard pots
Using olive oil gives these dessert pots a beautifully smooth texture – they're great for a sweet gluten free option
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 51g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 3 large Co-op British free range eggs
- 100g Fairtrade caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons and
- 1 lime (100ml juice in total)
- 100ml Co-op extra virgin olive oil
- Put the eggs, caster sugar, vanilla extract, citrus zest (reserve a little to garnish) and juice into a large heatproof bowl
- Beat with a handheld or electric whisk for 3 mins, then slowly pour in the olive oil, continuing to whisk for a further minute once all the oil is added
- Set the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water and whisk for 10 mins, until smooth and thickened (the mixture should coat the back of a wooden spoon)
- Carefully pour into serving glasses
- Set aside to cool, then cover and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours
- Serve the pots garnished with the reserved zest