Pan-fried steak with mushrooms and pesto lentils
This gluten free dinner pairs tasty sirloin steak with hearty lentils and mushrooms.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 29g
Share this recipe
- 2 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 1 Co-op Irresistible Hereford sirloin steak (about 225g)
- 150g Co-op chestnut mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 250g pouch cooked green lentils
- ½ x 190g jar Co-op Italian green pesto
- 70g pack Co-op wild rocket
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 25g pine nuts, toasted
- Heat half the olive oil in a frying pan set over a medium-high heat,then cook your steak for 3-4 mins each side for medium-rare, or according to your taste. Transfer the meat to a warmed plate and cover with foil to rest.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the pan and stir fry the mushrooms for 5 mins until just starting to colour and any liquid has evaporated.
- Heat the lentils according to the pack instructions. Cut the steak into slices. Put the lentils, mushrooms, pesto, rocket and lemon zest and juice in a large bowl and toss together. Divide between 2 plates and arrange the steak on top, scatter over the toasted pine nuts and serve.