Quick pickled strawberries
This speedy pickle is great for a summer sharing board to enjoy outdoors. Mint and black pepper bring out the flavour of the sweet British berries
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 10g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 200g Co-op British strawberries, halved, or quartered if large
- 2 mint sprigs
- 100ml Co-op red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp Fairtrade caster sugar
- ¼ tsp black peppercorns
- Put the strawberries and mint in a clean jam jar
- In a small saucepan, gently heat the vinegar, sugar and peppercorns, along with 50ml water
- When the sugar has dissolved, bring to the boil, then take off the heat and set aside for a minute to cool slightly
- Carefully pour the vinegar mixture over the strawberries
- Close the jar and leave to marinate for at least an hour
- To enjoy the pickle at its best, aim to eat it the same day