This lunchtime treat has it all – a quick spiced potato filling, gooey cheese and a tangy mango dressing. Try it!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 80g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1 tbsp Co-op vegetable oil
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and cut into 1cm dice
- 1 tsp each garam masala, cumin and turmeric
- Pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- 75g Co-op frozen British garden peas
- 30g Co-op baby spinach
- 1 tbsp Co-op mango chutney
- 4 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 4 slices Co-op farmhouse white bread
- 60g reduced fat Cheddar, grated
- 115g pack Co-op babyleaf salad
- 100g Co-op baby plum tomatoes, halved
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan and add the potato cubes
- Season well and cook over a medium-high heat for 4-5 mins, until beginning to colour
- Stir in the spices and cook for another minute, then add 3 tbsp water, cover and cook over a low heat for 5-6 mins, until the potato is soft and cooked through
- Stir in the peas and spinach, cover again and remove from the heat
- Mix the mango chutney with 2 tbsp of the mayo and set aside
- Top two slices of bread with the potato mixture and the Cheddar
- Spread most of the mango mayo between the other two slices, then sandwich on top
- Press down firmly with a spatula, then spread ¼ of the mayo on top of each sandwich
- Put the same frying pan back over a medium heat and add the remaining oil
- Fry the sandwiches, mayo-side-down, for 2-3 mins
- Spread the tops with the remaining mayo, then flip over and cook for another 2-3 mins, until golden and the cheese has melted
- Slice in half and serve with the salad, tomatoes and remaining mango mayo on the side