Slow-cooker chicken pho
You can throw this vibrant noodle soup together in the morning, ready for a tasty lunch or early dinner. Use the chilli with caution — we like ours with a kick!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 48g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 4cm ginger, bashed
- 4 garlic cloves, bashed
- 2 tsp Chinese 5 spice powder seasoning
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 Co-op British chicken thighs
- 1.25 litres chicken stock, made with
- 1 stock cube
- 1 tbsp Co-op light soy sauce
- 1 lime, ½ juiced, ½ cut into wedges
- 250g Co-op egg noodles
- 2 carrots, shaved into ribbons
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- ½ x 25g pack coriander, chopped
- Put the onion, ginger, garlic, spices and chicken in the slow cooker
- Pour over the stock, cover and cook on high for 3 hours, until the chicken is completely tender
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker
- Once cool enough to handle, shred the meat, using forks, and discard the skin and bones
- Strain the stock into a saucepan and simmer gently
- Add a little soy sauce and lime juice, taste, then add more if necessary
- Cook the noodles according to the pack instructions, then divide between four serving bowls
- Divide the soup between the bowls
- Add the carrot and chicken, then sprinkle with the chilli and coriander
- Serve with the lime wedges for squeezing over