This sticky chocolate cake has minimal ingredients and takes less than an hour to make – plus it's delicious
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 37g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 100g Co-op unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 2 large Co-op free range eggs
- 200g Fairtrade caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g Co-op plain flour
- 25g Fairtrade cocoa powder
- Fairtrade icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/Gas 4
- Grease and line a 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin. Melt the butter and set to one side
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, caster sugar and vanilla extract for 3-4 mins, until pale and fluffy
- Sift the flour and cocoa together, then gently fold into the egg mixture until smooth and fully incorporated
- Fold in the melted butter, then pour into the prepared tin
- Bake for 18-20 mins, checking occasionally to make sure it doesn’t burn
- To test it’s done, lightly press the centre of the cake and the crust should crack
- Leave to cool in the tin, then turn out and serve dusted with icing sugar