Sweet potato and kale baked eggs
Baked sweet potatoes are stuffed with spicy greens and topped with an egg to make a light vegetarian dinner.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 13g
Share this recipe
- 1 large Co-op sweet potato
- ½ x 160g bag Co-op British sliced curly kale
- 1 Co-op red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 Co-op British free range eggs
- 2 tbsp Co-op 0% fat Greek style natural yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6. Rub the sweet potato all over with 1 tbsp olive oil and season. Bake in the oven for 1 hour, or until tender.
- Allow to cool slightly, then scoop out most of the flesh and set aside in a bowl.
- Heat ½ tbsp olive oil in a nonstick frying pan, then cook the kale with the chilli and seasoning for 2-3 mins, until wilted. Mix half with the sweet potato flesh, then spoon back inside the shells, making a little hollow in the middle of each.
- Crack an egg into each hollow, then season and bake for 12-15 mins, or until the egg is cooked to your liking. Serve with the yogurt and remaining kale on the side, then season with black pepper.