Baked Brie with caramelised balsamic onions
Don’t stop at the cheeseboard: this indulgent appetiser is a great way to enjoy Brie
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 28g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Co-op Irresistible balsamic vinegar of Modena
- 1 tsp Co-op Fairtrade dark brown soft sugar
- 180g Co-op Somerset Brie, cut into 0.5cm slices
- 6 slices Co-op Irresistible seeded sourdough, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6
- Heat the oil over a medium heat in a large, heavy based frying pan, then add the onion. Stir to coat in the oil, then add half the balsamic
- Mix well, cover and cook for 10 mins, stirring occasionally
- After 10 mins, remove the lid and add the remaining balsamic, the sugar, and 1 tbsp water. Stir for another minute, then season to taste
- Spread the onion mixture on the base of a small casserole dish, then top with the sliced Brie
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 mins, until the cheese is melted and lightly golden
- Toast the sourdough and serve alongside