Banana breakfast sandwiches
Co-op bananas are all Fairtrade. Here, they’re caramelised and made into an indulgent toastie with dark chocolate
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 93g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 75g Fairtrade caster sugar
- 5 small bananas, cut into 1cm slices
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon or grated nutmeg (optional)
- 75g Co-op cashew nuts, roughly chopped and toasted
- 75g Co-op Fairtrade 80% cocoa dark cooking chocolate, roughly chopped
- 8 slices bread (we used a Co-op farmhouse white loaf)
- 3 tbsp Co-op vegetable oil
- Put the caster sugar in a nonstick frying pan with 1 tbsp cold water
- Heat gently until the sugar has dissolved, then increase the heat until it bubbles and turns amber
- Carefully add the bananas and spices, if using, and cook over a high heat for 1-2 mins, tossing to coat all over. Leave to cool for 5 mins
- Divide the bananas, nuts and chocolate between 4 bread slices
- Top with the other slices, then brush the tops with half the oil
- In a large, dry nonstick frying pan, cook the sandwiches oil-side down for 1-2 mins until golden
- Brush the tops with the remaining oil, flip, then cook for 1-2 mins
- Halve the toasties to serve