Beetroot carpaccio salad
This vegan and gluten free dish makes the most of beetroot's earthy flavours.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 6g
Share this recipe
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Fairtrade caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 3 tbsp drained jarred capers, roughly chopped
- 2 x 250g packs Co-op British cooked beetroot, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ x 25g pack flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 40g Co-op whole almonds, toasted and chopped
- Co-op balsamic vinegar of Modena, to serve
- Make a dressing: combine the lemon juice, sugar, oil and capers, then season. Arrange the beetroot and onion on a large plate, drizzle over the dressing, cover, then leave in the fridge for 1-2 hours to marinate.
- To serve, sprinkle the beetroot and onion with the lemon zest, parsley and almonds, then finish with a drizzle of the balsamic.