Breakfast dipper pancakes
We've taken fluffy pancakes with bacon and maple syrup, and turned them into a fun brunch dish that's great for sharing.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 57g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 2 tbsp Co-op vegetable oil
- 12 rashers Co-op British smoked streaky bacon
- 1 Co-op British free range egg
- 250ml Co-op semi-skimmed milk, at room temperature
- 200g Co-op self raising flour
- 20g Fairtrade caster sugar
- 40g Co-op unsalted butter, melted
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- Heat 1 tbsp of the vegetable oil in a large nonstick frying pan over a medium heat and fry the bacon rashers for 3-4 mins on each side until golden and crisp — you may have to do this in batches
- Drain them on kitchen paper
- Whisk together the egg and milk in a jug
- Put the flour and caster sugar in a bowl and make a well in the centre
- Pour in the milk and egg mixture, followed by the melted butter, and stir together until you have a smooth batter, then pour it in the jug
- Preheat your oven to its lowest setting
- Wipe the pan clean using kitchen paper and heat the rest of the vegetable oil over a medium heat
- Put 2 bacon rashers in the pan, flattening them down with a spatula
- Pour some batter evenly over each rasher
- Cook for 1-2 mins on one side until small bubbles appear on the surface, flip and cook for a further 1-2 mins on the other side until golden
- Transfer to a baking tray and keep warm in the oven while you make the remaining dippers
- Serve warm with the maple syrup on the side for dipping