Caprese style stuffed tomatoes
Inspired by a classic salad, these tomatoes stuffed with mozzarella and pesto make a tasty starter or sharing dish.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 20g
Share this recipe
- 8 large tomatoes
- 2 x 125g balls Co-op mozzarella, each cut into 12 slices
- 25g pack basil
- 100g tub Co-op Irresistible pesto alla genovese
- 2 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 1 tbsp Co-op balsamic vinegar of Modena
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6. Slice the tomatoes into 3, without cutting all the way through.
- Put on a lined baking tray and stuff with the mozzarella slices, plus the basil leaves. Spoon 1 tsp pesto over each, season and drizzle with a little olive oil. Bake for 20-25 mins, until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, mix together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and remaining pesto to make a dressing, then season. Drizzle over the tomatoes to serve.