Caramelised orange and root veg salad
Enjoy this vegan caramelised orange and root veg salad on its own for lunch, or as a tasty side dish. It's a tasty way to use a jar of marmalade!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 14g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 3 tbsp Co-op fine cut orange marmalade
- 1 tbsp Co-op vegetable oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 oranges, zested, peeled and cut into 1cm slices, saving any juices
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 3 large Co-op British parsnips, cut into batons
- 2 large carrots, cut into 3cm chunks
- 400g can Co-op chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 70g pack Co-op wild rocket
- 2 tbsp Co-op seed mix
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7
- In a small bowl, whisk together the marmalade, vegetable oil, paprika, ground cori-ander and orange zest
- Toss the mixture with the red onion, parsnip, carrot and orange slices on a large baking tray, then season and roast in the oven for 35-40 mins, tossing occasionally, until cooked through and golden
- Add the chick peas and any excess orange juice to the tray, then mix in the rocket and seeds
- Transfer to a platter and serve warm