Crunchy and nutty, this makes a great afternoon treat – we use readymade filo to keep this recipe super easy.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 26g
Share this recipe
- 150g Co-op unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 200g Co-op chopped mixed nuts
- 1 tbsp mixed spice
- 200g Co-op Irresistible Fairtrade clear honey
- 12 sheets filo pastry, halved lengthways
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/Gas 4. Grease a 20cm x 25cm nonstick baking tray with butter. Mix together the chopped nuts, mixed spice and 4 tbsp of the honey.
- Line the tin with 2 pieces of filo pastry, overlapping as needed, and brush with melted butter. Repeat using 10 more pieces of filo. 3 Spoon the nut mixture evenly over the filo and push down lightly with the back of a spoon. Layer the remaining pastry on top, brushing with the butter as before.
- Using a sharp knife, lightly score the top layers of the pastry to mark out 18 pieces for slicing later. Bake for 20 mins, then turn the oven temperature down to 170°C/fan 150°C/Gas 3. Cook for another 30-35 mins, until the pastry is lightly risen and golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly.
- Heat the remaining honey with 50ml water in a small saucepan. Cook for a few minutes, until the honey has dissolved and the mixture is syrupy. Pour over the baklava and allow to cool completely. Cut into the pre-scored pieces to serve.