Cheese and thyme biscuits
These cheese and thyme biscuits make a wonderful addition to a cheeseboard, or gift wrap them and give as a present
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 4g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 150g Co-op plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 100g Co-op unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 100g Co-op British white mature Cheddar, grated
- 2 tsp finely chopped thyme leaves
- 1 large Co-op British free range egg yolk
- Put the flour in a large bowl and mix with the paprika and seasoning
- Using your fingertips, rub in the butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs, then stir in the cheese, thyme and egg yolk
- Knead gently with your hands to form a dough
- Roll into a log (about 22cm) using lightly floured hands, then cover with clingfilm and chill for 30 mins
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4, then carefully slice the dough into 28 pieces (about ½ cm each) and placing on lined baking trays
- Bake for 15-17 mins until golden, then allow to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely