Chicken and savoy cabbage pie
This super easy pie recipe uses just 5 ingredients.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 32g
Share this recipe
- 4 Co-op British chicken thighs
- ½ x Co-op British savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 300ml tub Co-op reduced fat crème fraîche
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/Gas 5. Arrange the chicken thighs in a shallow roasting tin and season. Bake for 40 mins.
- Just before the chicken is ready, bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the savoy cabbage. Bring back to the boil and cook for 2 mins. Drain well, then set aside.
- Shred the chicken into large chunks with 2 forks, discarding the skin and bones, then put in a bowl — along with the cooking juices from the tin.
- Stir through the crème fraîche, lemon zest and drained cabbage, mixing well. Spoon this into a pie dish.
- Lightly brush the filo pastry with a little olive oil before gently scrunching up and laying on top. Bake the pie for 20 mins, until piping hot and golden, then serve.