Chocolate & nut ice cream gateau
This show-stopping frozen dessert is super-easy, thanks to some ready made shortcuts. We won't tell if you don't...
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 62g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 75g Co-op Fairtrade 56% cocoa dark cooking chocolate
- 25g Co-op unsalted butter
- 125ml Co-op double cream
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 x 500ml tubs Co-op Irresistible white chocolate and salted caramel ice cream
- 2 packs Co-op Bakery brownie bites, chopped
- 1 pack Co-op Bakery chocolate caramel shortcake bites, chopped
- 40g blanched hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- Start by making a chocolate sauce: put the cooking chocolate, butter, cream and golden syrup in a small pan over a medium-low heat, stir until smooth and glossy, then set aside to cool
- Meanwhile, put the ice cream in the fridge for 10 mins to soften
- Line a loose-bottomed cake tin, 19cm across, with greaseproof paper
- Working quickly, arrange a third of the brownie and caramel shortcake bites in the tin, drizzle over some of the chocolate sauce, scatter over some of the hazelnuts and scoop over half the ice cream, spreading it out with the back of a spoon
- Add another layer of the bites, sauce and nuts, then the rest of the ice cream
- Top with the remaining bites, sauce and nuts to finish
- Freeze the gateau for at least 2 hours, then leave to stand for 10 mins to soften at room temperature before serving