Not everything is as it seems with this showstopper 'cake'
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 38g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- For the cake:
- 8 slices Co-op white bread
- 12 slices Co-op wholemeal bread
- 200g Co-op cooked, peeled prawns
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 200g pack Co-op egg mayonnaise deli filler
- 1/2 x 200g pack Co-op light soft cheese
- 100g pack Co-op Scottish smoked salmon
- 120g tuna chunks in spring water
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 40g cucumber, sliced
- For the topping:
- 300g Co-op light soft cheese
- 4 tbsp tomato chutney
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 6 black olives
- Handful flaked almonds, toasted
- Cut out a 19cm circle of greaseproof paper
- Fold in 1/2, then 1/2 again, and use as a guide to cut wedge shapes out of 8 slices white bread and 12 slices wholemeal bread
- Lay 4 wholemeal slices on a plate to form a circle, then add your choice of sandwich fillings
- Repeat, alternating the bread and each filling We used prawns mixed with mayo; egg mayonnaise deli filler; light soft cheese mixed with smoked salmon; and tuna chunks mixed with sweet chilli sauce and cucumber
- ‘Ice’ the cake with light soft cheese, and top with a ‘jam’ made by blitzing the tomato chutney with ketchup
- Decorate with black olives and flaked almonds