Classic American-style pancakes with blueberry compote
This recipe is based on the American favourite, super fluffy pancakes, served with a sweet, sticky blueberry compote.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 64g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 200g pack Co-op blueberries
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp Fairtrade golden caster sugar
- 225g Co-op self raising white flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 3 Co-op British free range eggs, lightly beaten
- 30g Co-op unsalted butter, melted
- 200ml Co-op semi-skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp Co-op vegetable oil
- For the compote, put the blueberries in a small saucepan with the lemon juice and half the sugar
- Heat gently and simmer for 3-4 mins, until the blueberries burst and the liquid reduces
- Set aside to cool while you make the pancakes
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and remaining sugar
- Whisk the eggs, melted butter and milk in a jug, then pour into the dry ingredients
- Mix with a fork until combined
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan, then ladle in 2 spoonfuls of the batter
- Cook for 2-3 mins on one side until bubbles start to appear, then carefully flip
- Cook for another 2-3 mins, until golden, then keep warm under a tea towel while you make the rest
- Repeat to make 8 pancakes in total, adding the remaining oil as needed
- Serve in a stack with the compote spooned over and the lemon zest sprinkled on top